8 Tips to get out of the winter workout slump
The winter Blues is no joke. It can be hard for me to stay motivated to do anything in the winter other than sit on the couch and drink hot beverages. But as spring is right around the corner now is the time to start to pull ourselves out of that slump. Climbing out of that hole can be hard so here are a few tips to get you stared
- Try an indoor class: It might be easier to go workout if you know it will be warm- try a heated yoga, Zumba, or kickboxing
- Get some warm workout gear- balaclava, new pants
- Listen to something new- Try some new music, or fun podcast
- Get outside if the sun is shining: Vitamin D
- Change your scenery: There’s nothing like a change of scene, fresh air, and a good walk to boost a slumpy mood. The awesome thing about nature is that it reminds us that beauty occurs in chaos, and it teaches us about how little control we really do have over things outside of ourselves. Try not to think of anything other than where you are when you’re out and about. Connecting to the earth provides a frequency shift to the body that enhances calm feelings and relaxation. Being in the moment can unhook us from the mental rant about life being better in the past or scary in the future.
- Eat dark chocolate : Organic dark chocolate contains hundreds of chemicals. It has been proven in studies to produce high levels of endorphins and serotonin in the body. These are the feel good brain chemicals we need. Incidentally, dark chocolate is also high in antioxidants, so while you’re boosting your mood you can also boost your resistance to cancer and many other diseases.
- Find a work out buddy: Are we talking about accountability partners again? Yes we are! Having a friend you can meet up and be active with is going to make the experience more enjoyable.
- Set a new goal: Finding something to get excited about again